Import/Export & API
There are two ways to get data in & out of Chargify. CSV files are used by many merchants for desktop data operations, such as moving transactions into Excel. Our API is used for more technical, more automated tasks, such as keeping other software systems in sync with Chargify.
You can download CSV files (text files) from within the Chargify control panel. Many merchants do this to get their data into a spreadsheet. Some merchants have found ways to automate parts of this processes, such as with Excel macros. By definition, CSV files allow you to get data out of Chargify, but they don’t allow any data to flow into Chargify.
You can export CSV files for the following types of data:
The screenshots on this page show where you’ll see export links throughout Chargify.
If you have programming skills or resources, you can write software that connects to our API. Your software can push data in *both* directions - to and from Chargify. For instance, you might want to run a program each night that pulls new customer info from Chargify and pushes it into your CRM system, and perhaps even sync up changes in the other direction… ie, changes made in your CRM system pushed back into Chargify.
You can use the API to read & write the following types of data:
- Debits & credits (write-only)
- Component allocations… things like metered usage (read & write)
- Add misc. charge to subscription (write-only)
- Coupons & coupon usage (read & write)
- Customers (read & write)
- “Event” history, such as signups, renewals, customer updates, etc. (read-only)
- Upgrade or downgrade subscription (write-only)
- Products (read & write)
- Refund amount to card (write-only)
- Statements (read-only)
- Basic site stats (read-only)
- Subscriptions (read & write)
- Transactions (read-only)
- Webhook history & retries (read & write)
For complete API documentation, visit our docs