Charge how you want: One-time & recurring charges, flat-rate & metered pricing, & donations (see examples). Set up coupons, trial periods, setup fees, and taxes. Edit emails we send to your customers for things like failed payments. Run test transactions, then switch to your real payment gateway to charge credit cards or bank accounts. And if you want to integrate to your website, use our webhooks & API.
Life Cycle & Cash Flow
We provide Signup Pages for your customers to get started quickly, and a Self-Service Customer Portal where they can manage their account. We manage trial periods, setup fees, and renewal payments on schedules you define. We email your customers (as you) if we need something - like an updated credit card. We send receipts & statements. And for customers who don't pay with a credit card, we'll send invoices.
Manage Your Business
Enter support notes, issue refunds & credits, and change products for a customer. Those are everyday customer service tasks. In addition, Chargify provides management functions, like watching customer signups & losses, revenue over time, churn rates, and lifetime value. Chargify also connects to popular systems to help you manage the bigger picture - systems like Shopify, Wufoo, and Zferral.
"I'm absolutely in love with the metrics shown in Chargify. Showing us we doubled revenue over last month."
"Just hit our 2-year anniversary with @Chargify. Thanks for the amazing product, you guys rock! #HappyCustomer"
"Chargify has not only provided a superior billing system, you've also shown us how to provide fanatical customer support!"
"If you're serious, look no further. I've trusted Chargify with my business for years and they've never let me down."
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use Chargify in my country? And where can my customers be located?
You, the merchant, must be located in one of the countries where there's a payment gateway provider that's compatible with Chargify.
Please check this list of payment gateways that connect to Chargify.
Your customers can be in any country. They just need to have a credit card that your payment gateway & merchant account accept, such as Visa and MasterCard.
How do I get my customers signed up? And then, how do I manage them?
There are 5 ways to choose from:
- Every product you create in Chargify automatically gets a Customer Signup Page hosted by Chargify and brand-able to look like you want it. Link to these signup pages from your website, or give out the page URLs in emails and via social media. Your customers fill out the form and go right into Chargify.
- Your customers can use our Self-Service Portal to update billing & shipping info, upgrade/downgrade plans, look at past statements, and cancel service - all without needing your involvement. You can select which functions they can access, so, for instance, you can hide the cancellation function. Read more here.
- Use our API and Webhooks to connect your website and other software directly into our system. This allows you to host your own pages for customers to sign up, upgrade/downgrade, review transactions, cancel service, and just about anything else.
- Use a 3rd-party customer "portal" that's compatible with Chargify. The customer portal from GetChargely.com allows your customers to do many common self-service tasks. You can use their hosted version or you can purchase a copy of their PHP code, so you can modify it to suit your needs.
- And you can always use the Chargify control panel to enter & manage customers manually.
How long does it take to start using Chargify?
You can start using Chargify today!
- You can use our free test account to try everything out with test transactions. Just answer a few signup questions and you'll have your Chargify account.
- When it's time to charge customers real money, you'll need to connect Chargify to a payment gateway and merchant account. Many merchants already have this, but if you don't, then expect it to take a few days to get set up. If you are a U.S. merchant, get everything you need with our partner, Merchant Focus.
What about connecting Chargify to my website and other systems?
- Some merchants don't connect Chargify to any kind of website. They create a few products in Chargify and just use the Chargify signup page links in emails and social media to get their customers signed up.
- Some merchants do a very light integration to their website. They just link from their website to the Chargify signup pages. This usually takes anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days.
- Some merchants integrate with their website and other software much more deeply. They want their customers to be able to see and edit Chargify data inside their own website or app, and perhaps they want to push data from Chargify into their own CRM or accounting system. This level of integration usually takes at least a couple of weeks.